Insurance & Reinsurance Brokers at Lloyd’s
+44 (0) 20 7977 5700

What is covered if I hire a car?

Your travel insurance will cover you for your own injury whilst using the vehicle. You should ensure that you have separate full motor insurance in place to cover the cost of any claim against you for damage or injury you cause to a third party. You will not be covered under any section of the certificate for injury or damage to another person or their property arising from the use of the vehicle. Damage to the car itself is not covered but if your employer has purchased the Collision Damage Waiver Excess cover you may have cover for the excess you have to pay if the vehicle you hire is damaged.